Wednesday 5 October 2016

What I learned from being sloppy.

Few years ago I had a nice job in the City. I dressed nicely, I did my makeup. I'd walk my son to school and hop on the bus to work, get a coffee and trott off to the office...easy peasy
Then we got pregnant (yey!) and things were pretty much the same until I stopped working. I don't know why but I have stopped making an effort. My back ached, my stomach was a size of exercise ball and I was tired. I got LAZY and SLOPPY, I'd wear leggings and trainers. And my husbands hoodie. And when it got cold some giant old coat found in my mother-in-laws cupboard.

WHAT WAS I THINKING
Well, it transpires I wasn't thinking. Not about myself anyway. Dressing nicely was a work related benefit, now I was at home I no longer had to. Pregnancy doesn't last forever, why waste money on fancy outfits. RIGHT?
NO, WRONG!
I realise now how wrong I was. Not making an effort made me feel frumpy, lazy, UGLY.
Looking presentable, no matter what, is important. Making an effort is important. Because it makes you fell good-  And feeling good is important! 
I'm not saying you should wear heals to playground, I'm talking about dressing appropriately for occasion.
I don't have any enemies but lets say you bump into that ex-colleague you didn't really like, ex boyfriend or mean auntie- would you feel comfortable with how you look?

So what did I learn from looking sloppy? Well to put it simply- I don't like it. I don't like how it makes me feel. Sloppy is not for me.I have learned I deserve to look good whether I'm pregnant, fat or skinny. Whether I have money or not. I respect myself so I look after myself. 

I intend to write about looking 'presentable always' again soon, in the meantime I will leave you with recommendation of hugely inspirational author, blogger and you tuber Jennifer L. Scott who has thought me so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment